Reading non-fiction books can provide anything you want – fun, excitement, lessons, wisdom, strength or just anything! Readers read these books to gain knowledge, peace, or relaxation after a tiring and trying week in the office. If you are looking for some good books to read during the long year-end vacations, you have reached the right place. Today, I am going to prepare a list of seven books you must read to understand the willpower and the inner strength you already have! These books are not only bestsellers but have also proven to be helpful for readers. So, without further commentary, let’s begin listing these non-fiction titles. Please remember that the books are in no order. You can read whatever titles you want.
- The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal: This book offers a scientific approach to understanding willpower and how to strengthen it. It covers topics such as how to increase motivation, overcome procrastination, and make healthier choices. McGonigal has not written about academic and lofty ideas in this book. She has rather discussed the latest research on the neuroscience of self-control and how one can improve the same. She also suggests practical strategies for increasing motivation, overcoming procrastination, and making healthier choices. Buy the book from Amazon India – click here.
- Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength by Roy F. Baumeister and John Tierney: This book explores the science behind willpower and self-control, and offers practical strategies for improving these skills. The authors argue that willpower is a critical aspect of self-regulation and can be a key determinant of success in many areas of life. You will learn about willpower and its importance in various areas of life. Get a copy from Amazon India right now – click this link.
- The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan: In short, this book acts as a guide to increasing productivity and effectiveness through focused action and goal-setting. The authors have discussed the power of focus and how to use it to achieve greater success and productivity. It includes techniques for increasing willpower and staying motivated. Click here to get a copy from Amazon India.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck: This book mulls over the role of mindset in determining success and offers strategies for developing a growth mindset, which can help increase willpower and resilience. The author illustrates people can have either a fixed mindset or a growth mindset, and that the latter is more conducive to success. Overall, the book helps one realise that being dynamic and open to newness (in all the ways) may bring success close to a person compared to one with a fixed mindset (stagnate in other words). Get a copy of this book now – click here.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear: Famous among readers worldwide, the book has many qualities. The best description can be that this title provides a framework for building good habits and breaking bad ones. And the book also includes strategies for increasing willpower and self-control. James Clear suggests that small changes in one’s lifestyle can incur great rewards in the long (as well as short) run. The author also draws on the latest research in psychology and neuroscience to provide a scientific basis for his recommendations. An overall engaging and enriching book for anyone interested in self-improvement! Get James Clear’s bestselling book from Amazon – click here.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson: Popular worldwide, the book has sold millions of copies. And we can safely assume that these numbers don’t come from shallow corridors! This book explores the concept of “strategic caring,” or focusing on what is truly important and letting go of what is not, in order to increase willpower and achieve greater success. Mark Manson argues emphatically that by focusing on what is truly important and letting go of unimportant or negative distractions, we can not only increase our willpower but also achieve greater success in life (in desired directions). The book also explores the role of emotions and vulnerability in this process. Recommended? Of course! Get a copy right now – click here to buy from Amazon India.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle: Famous for its persuasive prowess, the author of this book, the German spiritual master, discusses the role of thoughts in one’s life. Tolle also discusses the concept of living in the present moment and how it can help increase self-awareness, clarity, and willpower. The book offers multiple techniques to increase one’s potential for success in life – meditation and mindfulness are among those (important ones). Want to read? Buy this title from Amazon India right now – click here.
Always remember that these are only suggestions and you can read any book you want. Moreover, read the books that genuinely appeal to you, and offer you something that aligns with your thoughts and goals. As I have created this list, I do hope you will enjoy reading these books. I have read them all and found them not only enlightening and interesting but also very useful in several ways. You can share your experiences with other readers by leaving a comment. Thanks and all the best! Have a good vacation!
By Manish for Indian Book Critics
This is very helpful. Thanks!